Motor Protection Relay
The MPS 3000 is ideal for high voltage motors, large low voltage
motors, and applications where full protection and advanced
warning is crucial, such as in the process and chemical industries.
Monitoring three phase currents, voltages and up to 10 temperature
inputs it provides the most comprehensive motor protection package.
New thermal capacity and overload calculation method as well as bias
input from current imbalance (positive/negative sequence) and
temperature sensors it ensure accurate modeling of motor condition
- Control supply 120-230V, AC/DC Optional 19-60VDC
- 3 phase voltage, directly up to 690V, Above 690V through PT
- Three phase currents C.T. Sec. 1 or 5A
- Ground current C.T. Sec. 1 or 5A
- 10 temperature sensors, with two types:
- 10 RTD-Pt100 (or CU)
- 6 RTD-Pt100 (or CU) and 4 Thermistors (Programmable as NTC or PTC)
- 4 Programmable discrete inputs
- 4 Programmable Analogue Inputs 0/4-20mA. (0-1mA by special order). Selection between 20 parameters
- 4 Programmable Relays 8A, 250VAC.
- Four Programmable Analogue Outputs, 0/4-20mA (0-1mA by special order) Selection between 20 parameter).
Emergency Start (key operated function)
Canceling the Thermal Capacity and Too Many Starts limits to allow emergency restart after fault. New Product info / MPS 3000
Can be done through LCD and keypad on front panel, through
Display - LCD
Large LCD, 150mm x 30mm (6" x 1"). (On vertical version the LCD dimensions are slightly smaller).
Measured values (True R.M.S. at a sampling rate of 0.5 msec.).
- Three phase voltage phase to phase
- Three phase voltage phase to neutral
- Current each phase
- Ground current
- Temperature / Resistance each sensor
- Energy with programmable pulse output
- Power, Reactive power, Power factor
- Minimum & Maximum RMS Average value (three phases) of Voltage, Current and Frequency
- Motor current in % of FLC
- Imbalanced current
- Thermal capacity
- Time to trip
- Time to start (after fault)
- Total run time
- Total number of starts
- Total number of trips
- Last start time period
- Last start current peak
- Last trip
- Last alarm
- Trip current each phase
- Trip earth fault current
- Trip voltage (each phase)
- List of last 10 trips with time stamp (Date, Hour, Minutes).
Display - LEDs
- Relay A
- Relay B
- Internal Failure
RS 485, half duplex, MODBUS Protocol, baud rate 1200-19200 bits/sec. enables parameter change, supervision and remote resetting.
20 user-selectable parameters grouping of Actual Data.
Other protocols (plug-in board) - consult factory.
Real Time Clock
Time stamp for each fault - Date, Hour and Minute.
Simulation of voltage, currents and temperature faults enables relay testing.
This simulation Program allows testing and selflearning of the MPS 3000.
Dimensions & Weight
Horizontal: W-310, H-135, D-160, 3.3Kg
Vertical: W-135, H-310, D-160, 3.3Kg
MPS-3000/P - Protection only system
MPR-3000/C - Protection & Control System
Similar to the MPS-3000/P except with 16 discrete inputs to enable full control (start, stop, rotation direction change, etc.)
The MPS-3000 also incorporates two additional protection functions:
- Control Circuit Open (74)
- Welded Contactor (74)