Heavy Duty Analogue Starter,
for Motors 4-90KW, 220-690V
For small to medium size motors, in demanding applications, the
RVS-N provides an optimal solution. Ease of installation and operation
and incorporating Current Limit and Motor Protection,makes the
RVS-N an ideal cost effective replacement for Star-Delta and Auto-
|Advantages at a glance
* Reduced inrush current & mechanical shock
* Soft, smooth, stepless acceleration and deceleration
* Incorporating motor protection
* Maintenance free, all solid state
* Compact, light weight
* Easily installed and operated.
* Heavy duty design indicated by conservative SCR selection and heatsink and cooling
systems designed for starting at 400% In for 30 sec. at 50oC ambient temperature, ensure
reliable operation under harsh environmental conditions.
* Superior construction - IP20 up to 72A. Enclosed front panel for increased safety at
higher ratings. Preparation for by-pass contactor standard above 72A.
Start Stop Parameters
Motor Full Load Current (FLC)
This adjustment allows easy matching of the RVS-N to the motor and application. All
current based functions (overload, electronic fuse, current limit) are associated with this
setting. Range 45-100% of RVS-N rated current.
Motor & Starter Protection
* Electronic Overload - Inverse time Electronic Overload. Operational at end of acceleration
process or after a time delay as set on the Overload Delay.
Adjustable 75-150% of starter FLC
* Phase Loss - Operational when starter is energized and protects motor from single
phasing. Trips the starter when one or two phases are missing for more than 1 sec.
* Heatsink Over Temperature Protection - A thermal sensor mounted on the heatsink
trips the starter when the temperature rises to above 85oC.
* Fault logic, Trip and Reset circuits. When any protection operates, the starter locks in fault
mode, disabling thyristor firing, the LED indicates the fault, the fault relay trips, and the
Trip contact closes.
* Conveyors and monorail systems
* Weak power source starting (diesel generators, long cables, etc).